Tuesday, 30 September 2014

September 30, 2014

Hello families and friends,

This morning we practiced our throwing and catching skills in gym.  We also practiced our Read to Self and Buddy Reading skills.  In writer's workshop we talked about why writers write and our job as a reader.

It was an indoor recess today.

In math we worked on representing numbers.  We played a ball game for an activity break this afternoon.  Ask your child about this.  We also finished up a couple art projects that we had started last week.  Then we spent some time taking a close look at some leaves.

For our parents:  Why do you think the top side of the leaf is a brighter colour than the bottom side of the leaf?  We won't give you any clues or hints!  Please comment below with your answer.

Have a good night with your grade ones or twos,
Room 74 and Mr. Soulliere

4 comments:

  1. I believe it has something to do with one side (Parachym?) containing more chlorophyll than the other due to exposure to the sun.

    Charlotte's Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's because it has a higher concentration of chlorophyll.

    Deakin's mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. As the other moms have said, I think it's about chlorophyll and because the top sees more sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it might have to do with the waxy, protective layer on the leaf. It is thinner on the underside, which might make the leaf appear more dull than the top side.

    ReplyDelete